Ordered consumer reports on health. In that solicitation by mail there was no warning about automatic renewal.

I looked carefully. I ordered the got bill with option to pay by credit card or check or pay online at a consumer reports site. At the site the amount shown states “rate ... With automatic renewal”!

So, to pay you agree to a term never disclosed before. If you go online and pay as invited, you are suckered into auto renew. AUTO RENEW IS A FRAUD THAT ESPECIALLY HURTS ELDERLY FOLKS. They know they are less likely to remember to cancel and know many end up in assisted care or using home,and will not be reading their issues.

As bad as auto renewal, with not opt-in, is for any consumer, this consumer org does not write about it or advocate against these crooks who do this. BTW there is a link on line at the bill pay page, but the response I got was that I was not eligible for that!

Review about: Consumer Reports On Health Magazine Subscription.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Stop the auto renew unless opt in, not opt out!.

I didn't like: Auto renew and non responsiveness.

Comments

Arneschonberger

I wrote to consumer reports mag in past when they put auto renew on my billing statement. I wanted them to stop forcing auto renewal.

I cancelled bec no response from them. I ordered ONHEALTH by them because there as no auto renew disclosed in that here solicitation materials.

Then on bill, no,auto renew disclosed, but gave option to pay more easily on line. Then on line, they force, with no opt out, automatic renewal!